So...like my friend Amanda, I am taking a running class. And like Amanda, I have not lost a pound. When I first signed up for the class, it was to primarily because I wanted to lose all this weight that has mysteriously appeared on me since my wedding.
So while I am discouraged about the weight loss thing, I feel great about actually being able to run (jog) for 5 minutes at a time...multiple times in a class. 3 weeks ago, I thought my lungs would explode walking up the steep hills, and my back was killing me. Now after 3 weeks (and an awesome chiropractor), I can run about halfway up the hills and the entire time on flat and downhill stretches.
And I have an awesome support group. My husband is fabulous (as always), and my sister even gave some good words of advice yesterday before class when I was whining that I couldn't do it!
And then there are always my girls from the nest. Some of their blogs are over to the left. I know some people (including my husband sometimes) think that it is silly to have "online" friends. But it is so great to have these women (most around my age and live in Alabama) who are going through so much of what I'm going through.
Anyway, I should head back to work. Well, kind of work. One of my good friends just brought her baby up here. Sophia Grace is only a week old and is so precious!
3 comments:
We are going to make it through this class! Hopfully the weight will follow
We made it up the hill...so that's something!
good for you for making it up the hill! i can only jog for about a lap so far...my lungs are okay but my legs feel like they will explode...don't get that. keep it up!
Post a Comment