Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Business sucks
Sometimes I really don't understand the powers that be here at the vet school. There is a lot of stuff upsetting me, but the one that is prompting me to write is that we are now requiring service dog owners to pay 80% of their vet care. We had been writing off 100% of the cost for those owners. Owners who are currently under the 100% plan will continue, but once their current dog retires, the new dog will only be covered 20%. I think that is just wrong. These clients depend on their dogs for their well being. One of the things I loved about working here was the genuine concern that the faculty and staff have for animals and their owners. I think that wonderful sense of purpose is evaporating and now we just have this cold business like atmosphere. Its all about the bottom line, and it is so disappointing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
even church is about the bottom line. it's frustrating. i hate things like that...
Post a Comment