Friday, November 7, 2008

Awesome article

This is a wonderful article on Glen Coffee (the leading running back for the University of Alabama this season). I don't care if you pull for Alabama or Auburn or even (gasp!) Tennessee...this is a good kid. You don't see many positive articles written about football players, but seeing Coffee's transformation is awesome! And this year, college football has players like Coffee, Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow. All good kids who have already figured out what's important in life!

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/sec/0-2-43/Alabama-s-Coffee-driven-by-renewed-faith.html

Here are some snippets:

"For a while, living up here, I was depressed," Coffee said. "I wasn't having fun. I wasn't satisfied. There had to be something more, and I found Christ. That put everything in perspective for me."

Coffee was also scarred some by what he said was a rocky relationship between his mother and father. They split up when he was in high school and ultimately divorced.

All the while, he became more interested in partying and looking for a good time and admittedly wasn't the most pleasant person to be around.

"I look back on it now and think about how I was living and what a lot of people live for," said Coffee, who now speaks to church groups and youth groups. "In high school, I was a football star and all that, but there was something missing. There had to be more, and I found it."

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

That is an awesome article! Thanks for sharing! And ROLL TIDE:)

Hello!