So...its easier just to post this here instead of in the comment section.
Here are a few of my favorite budget/thrifty blogs:
http://beingfrugal.net/
http://budgethelpers.blogspot.com/
http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com/
http://www.paidtwice.com/
http://thrifteemomee.blogspot.com/
Once you get going looking at them, they all link to multiple blogs. A lot of them reference each other. Common Sense with Money is one of my favorites.
I also signed up for the Garden Club at Home Depot. There are a lot of good email coupons involved with that.
I felt like I needed to do something to proactively save money. Phillip and I are very blessed. We have all that we need and are able to do almost everything that we WANT without having to use credit cards. In this crappy economy, I would love to be able to continue our (primarily) cash only existence. It will be hard, especially since we both work in education and will not be receiving raises, but these blogs (and others) are helping us stay in the right mindset.
I really appreciate any comments or feedback about any successes you've had in this area.
3 comments:
thanks for posting this. i love a good bargain and saving money.
i love that you are into this stuff. i am working hard too to get a hand on things. my friend susan put a rule into her family that they would not go out to eat unless they have a coupon!
I try. Its hard sometimes, but I try not to get things unless they are WAY on sale or I have a coupon. I got a dress at Macy's yesterday for $20 (it was marked down from $80)...but I'm spending almost that much on my damn pizza tonight.
Post a Comment