
So after a LONG drive home, we arrived back in Auburn late last night. We had a wonderful vacation up in the mountains. Here are a few pictures taken by my wonderfully talented husband.
The Mile High Bridge at the top of Grandfather Mountain. It is the tallest mountain in the Blue Ridge range. It was a little scary for me at some points (I have a slight fear of heights), and it was VERY windy!
I think this was at the Rough Ridge Scenic overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We had already been at Grandfather Mountain for over 6 hours and I was a little cranky! Phillip was great and took what pictures that he could and got me back to the car before I became too whiny (sometimes I think my husband is a saint to put up with me...)This is the view from the front yard of The Baird House. It looked like a scene from A River Runs Through It. The Watauga River was beautiful. We went walking by it (and in it) often during our stay. We went fishing yesterday morning, and I caught a fish! It was wonderful being out there with NO ONE else around...just me, Phillip and the river.
I can say with absolute certainity that I am not a beach person. I enjoy myself whenever I go, but I'd take the mountains ANY day.

3 comments:
It sounds like you had a great time. The pictures look really good too:)
i am with you on the beach thing..it's nice but give me the mountains any day!
Great pics! glad you enjoyed your vacay!
Post a Comment